K through 12th grades
Meet the people of NASA and look over their shoulders as they make NASA’s goals a reality. Whether in the area of aerospace design or training for space walks, NASA Quest is a rich resource for educators, kids and space enthusiasts who are interested in meeting and learning about NASA people and the national space program. NASA Quest allows the public to share the excitement of NASA’s authentic scientific and engineering pursuits like flying in the Shuttle and the International Space Station, exploring distant planets with amazing spacecraft, and building the aircraft of the future.
NASA Quest includes a full suite of online resources:
- Profiles of NASA experts and stories about their work days.
- Several live interactions with NASA experts per month.
- Audio/video programs over the Internet.
- Lesson plans and student activities.
- Collaborative activities in which kids work with one another.
- Background information and photo sections.
- A place where teachers can meet one another.
- A searchable Q&A area with over 3,000 previously asked questions.
- An e-mail service in which individual questions get answered.
Frequent live, interactive events allow participants to come and go as dictated by their own individual and classroom needs. These projects are open to anyone, without cost. To get involved, simply select your area of interest or take a look at our calendar of events, and jump in. Welcome aboard!