Date: Monday, January 9, 2017
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Location: Razzis Pizzeria 8523 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle WA 98103
|Mark Powers||SME & IISE|
|Art & Jude Moss||ASQ|
- Introductions & Updates on Member Societies Events: All
- Attendance list is above
- Approval of Agenda: All
- Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes: All
- Accepted as written
- Treasurer’s Report: Julie Bennett (SWE)
- Julie was not present. No treasurer’s report
- Website Updates: Stan Dyck (IEEE)
- K-12 STEM: Mark Powers (IISE)
- Mark presented a proposal. He requests that the PSEC Reps plug this with their societies.
- Mark will send out a note and offered to help plug this for societies that want more information.
- Louie suggested that we might push this to the tech community.
- Engineering Fair: Chris Roberdeau (AIAA)
- Less than a month away. All is go
- Popsicle stick bridge competition will now be placed within view of the booths to help generate cross traffic.
- 12 booths are sold with more expected.
- No word yet from FIRST Robotics. If someone has a contact, please talk to Chris.
- Volunteers are still appreciated.
- Louie reported that SAME will not participate this year but it does look likely that they will next year.
- Chris will do a Fair report for the website.
- Banquet: Sam Gheesling (ASME)
- The banquet sponsorship from Boeing is still being worked out be Sam expects it will come though it will probably be late.
- The announcement has been posted. 7 awards will be made this year. The paperwork is complete
- Shelly Oberman will be doing the photography instead of Seattle Met. We still need to get a link for the 2016 photos from them.
- Stan agreed to do the badges again this year.
- Someone is still needed to handle the back table duties.
- Dave is working on the programs.
- Sam will be the emcee
- The Governor’s proclamation has been requested.
- Awards: John Schaufelberger (WSPE)
- The awards are finished. there will be 7 recipients this year. Posting will be done soon.
- John suggested that next year we provide copies of well-done nomination forms from the past to serve as examples to future nominators.
- Some discussion was had about the requirements for the Kenneth Porter award related to a minimum number of years served in an educational capacity. This was tabled for further discussion later.
- Mentor Nights: Jason Salazar (PSEC)
- Jason did not attend. Luis reported that only 8 mentors had been signed up for the SCC Mentor night so far. More are needed soon.
- Future Cities is still looking for judges.
- The Bellevue Mentor Lunch will be longer than last year. Probably an afternoon session (1-3 PM)
- ISOW: Dave Butcher (IEEE)
- Dave is looking for a co-chair. Please talk to him if you want to help.
- Letter of Support SU NSF Grant: Dave Butcher (IEEE)
- Dave presented a request from Seattle University for a letter of support for their NSF grant proposal. They are planning to rework their mechanical engineering program. The deadline given was January the 13th.
- Dave recommended that we supply such a letter and the PSEC agreed. Dave will draft and send the letter by the 13th.
- Open Discussion: All
- Louie reported that the SAME chapter on the Penninsula is looking to start a Mentor Night program modeled on ours over in Kitsap county. As the SAME PSEC representative, he plans to act as a go-between for this effort.
- Chris asked if other representative had received dues notices yet. He is the AIAA treasurer and had not received any yet.
- Action Items from Previous and this Meeting Review: All
- See action item list below
- ISOW co-chair is needed. Please ask college reps [All]
- Look into getting a new Outreach Coordinator [Chris/Dave]
- Work with existing coordinators to finalize Mentor Night dates [Jason]
- Discuss Mark’s proposal with your society [all reps]
- Bring trifold and banner for Chris for the Fair [Luis]
- Look into updating the PSEC trifold [future agenda item]
- Write letter of support for Seattle U [Dave]