PSEC meetings are held monthly on the first Monday of the month from September through June. The September meeting is normally the second Monday since Labor Day also falls on the first Monday. You can always check the PSEC calendar to see the time and location of the next meeting.
Attendees are the Council executive committee and one or two PSEC Representatives from each member society. Member societies are responsible for designating a representative to attend as a voting member.
Agendas for the meeting are posted here roughly a week before the meeting. Make suggestions and corrections in the comments field of the agenda document.
- April 3, 2017 Meeting Agenda
Date: Monday, April 3, 2017
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Location: Razzis Pizzeria 8523 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle WA 98103 (map)
Free parking is available behind the restaurant and on neighborhood side streets.
Party Room (larger room)
Next Meeting: Monday May 1, 2017
- Introductions & Updates on Member Societies Events: All
- Approval of Agenda: All
- Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes: All
- Treasurer’s Report: Julie Bennett (SWE)
- By-Laws Update: Julie Bennett (SWE)
- Website Updates: Stan Dyck (IEEE)
- K-12 STEM: Dave Butcher (IEEE)
- Engineering Fair Retrospective: Chris Roberdeau (AIAA)
- Banquet: Sam Gheesling (ASME)
- Awards: John Schaufelberger (WSPE)
- ISOW: Kathi Shoemake (ASHRAE)
- Mentor Nights: Jason Salazar (PSEC)
- Discuss Tri-fold design: Stan Dyck (IEEE)
- Open Discussion: All
- Action Items from Previous and this Meeting Review: All
Previous Meeting Minutes
Minutes are posted usually within a week after the meeting date.
- Meeting Minutes, April 3, 2017 April 17, 2017 Dave and Chris were out so Stan got to take the reigns. The ISOW is the last major item on the program year agenda. Click for details.
- Meeting Minutes, March 6, 2017 March 20, 2017 Date: Monday, March 6, 2017 Time: 6:00 – 8:00 PM Location: Razzis Pizzeria 8523 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle WA 98103 Attendance Stan Dyck IEEE Dave Butcher IEEE Jason Salazar PSEC Volunteer John Schaufelberger WSPE-SEA Sam Gheesling ASME-WWS Art & Jude Moss ASQ Steve Snelling IISE Katie Elliott SWE Kathi Shoemake ASHRE Luis Leon ASMI Paul Grant ASCE Chris Roberdeau AIAA John Osborne SAMPE Agenda Introductions & Updates on Member Societies Events: All See attendance above Approval of Agenda: All Approved as written Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes: All Approved as written Treasurer’s Report: Julie Bennett (SWE) Julie was not ...
- Meeting Minutes, February 6, 2017 February 7, 2017 The meeting at Razzi’s was cancelled due to weather but Chris set up a conference call to discuss the Banquet this Saturday.
- January 9, 2017 Meeting Minutes January 16, 2017 The first meeting of the year is also the last meeting before the Engineers Fair. Preparations are finalized but volunteers are still appreciated. The Banquet plans are also being finalized and we need volunteer mentors.
- December 5, 2016 Meeting Minutes December 13, 2016 The weather kept many away this month but we still got a full list of agenda items.
- November 7, 2016 Meeting Minutes November 21, 2016 The second Council meeting of the year includes a visit and presentation from the folks at SAME. Also, if you have young members looking to help we are looking for help at the ISOW for this summer.
- October 3, 2016 Meeting Minutes October 18, 2016 The October minutes include a report from Mark about the Student Banquet proposal, Nomination forms for the Awards Banquet are ready, and an interesting event put on by AIAA in November. Please have a look.
- September 12, 2016 Meeting Minutes September 19, 2016 The minutes for the first meeting of the year have been posted. Dave presents his goals for the year, Mark Powers introduces us to the Portland Student Banquet and John tells us it’s not too early to start thinking about nominations for the PSEC Awards. Special thanks to Steve for writing up the minutes in ...
- June 6, 2016 Meeting Minutes June 20, 2016 The minutes for the final meeting of the program year.
- May 2, 2016 Meeting Minutes May 10, 2016 Posted minutes from the second to last meeting of the 2015-2016 program year includes reports for the three remaining Mentor Nights, the last pre-ISOW report and the first nominations committee report. Please check the Action Items and prepare to report on them at the June meeting.